“To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human.”
– Morpheus, The Matrix –
Darren and I watched one of the most fantastic films I have seen in a very long time last night, Warm Bodies.
Not only is it a brilliant zomromcom (Zombie Romantic Comedy a la Shaun of the Dead), but it is also an incredible metaphor for how unconscious we can become with how we live our lives.
After suffering burnout and severe depression several years ago, I know what it’s like to feel like a zombie. Dead on the inside and out. You feel numb, empty, purposeless. And there are so many of us just shuffling about our lives, from day-to-day, numbing the pain or suffering, of the fact that we’re not really that happy with our situation with pharmaceuticals, drugs, alcohol or even just indifference. Pretending that everything is OK, when actually it isn’t.
But there is a way out. There is a solution. And it’s very simple.
Love is the answer. Love is the key. Love is the cure to the emptiness.
And it starts with loving yourself. When you love yourself, and decide that you care enough about yourself, your life and your future, you’re in a really good position to start to make a change.
And when you start to love yourself more, you are able to find love in others and life in general.
And it begins with the simple things. If you’re unhappy with something in your life at the moment, or someone or something is causing you discomfort, do something about it. Make a change. Have a conversation, be honest. And even more importantly, get clear on what you do want.
So for anyone out there who is having a bit of a rubbish time at the moment, or perhaps even just simply wants to tweak a few things in their life, here are some simple steps to get you moving:
6 simple steps to get you moving
1. Decide where you wish to be and what you wish to be doing in the next 3 years and write it down.
2. Decide how much money you wish to be earning and what you’re going to do to earn it.
3. Share this with at least one person in your family or someone who is close to you, and one other person who will be selling your services to, or who can help you move into the job or profession that you desire.
4. Start to take the necessary action (even if it’s something small), every day, to make this dream a reality. You need to show the Universe that you are committed to making this change.
5. Believe that this change is possible.
6. Trust that the Universe will bring you whatever and whoever you need to achieve this wish.
7. Receive everything and everyone that comes into your life and know that the Universe has brought them to you to help you achieve your wish.
Most importantly, ensure that these are things that you wish for and desire, things that you would love to have in your life and look forward to what will start to come your way. Embrace the positive change you are creating in your life.
Sending you lots of love, hugs and light,
Kat x x x
Inspiration for this post