“Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.”
– Viviane Greene –
So here we are in the beautiful Blue Mountains, myself, Darren, my sister and her husband (who are currently visiting from New Zealand). And it is cold and raining.
For some people this would put a dampener on the entire weekend. Not for us, especially considering that between us, we are a mixture of English and Kiwi decent. Does hold us back? Heck no!
We’re off to go and explore today. We’ll be donning our waterproof jackets and trousers and having some fun in the rain.
Life is too short to be held back by the weather.
Here are some simple tips on how to enjoy the rain
1. Chuck on some waterproofs and wellington boots or gumboots and go and have fun.
2. Enjoy feeling the rain on your skin, it will make you feel alive.
3. If you’re inside, open the window during rainy weather. Let the sound of the rain soothe you.
4. Focus on your senses. Watch the rain run down the outside of windows, or if you’re outside watch raindrops fall into puddles.
5. Do things that you said you’d save for a rainy day. Play board games, go to a museum or art gallery, go to the cinema or visit some caves.
6. Swim in the rain. It feels awesome.
7. Make a nice cup of hot tea and enjoy it with loved ones inside.
Rain can be fun and exciting when you’re outside in it, and it can also make you feel warm, snug and cosy when your inside sheltered from it. Either way, enjoy the rain. Life is for living!
Sending you lots of love, hugs and light,
Kat x x x
Inspiration for this post
The Blue Mountains in the rain